There are a number of things I would like to accomplish in order to improve Reel Reviews. I put up a post this morning about some help I need with an AppleScript. This got me thinking about all the things I’d like to do. With such great listeners, I thought I’d type up list to see if anyone can help with any of them.
The items I am listing below are all things that are totally out of my realm of expertise, much less experience. In short, things I don’t know how to do.
My Reel Reviews Christmas Wish List:
- A kick ass logo. One that can be used on the site as well as t-shirts, stickers, hats etc. I’d like to be able to give away some Reel Reviews schwag to some of the callers, guest reviewers and listeners.
- A professional “radio” style intro. I’m not the creative audio type. Opinions – I’ve got them, creativity – negative. Think Daily Source Code, Jimmy Jett and Rock and Roll Geek Show. You get the idea.
- An AppleScript that would:
1. Convert an AIFF file to mp3 via LAME, or iTunes if necessary, using the specified settings.
2. Will complete the ID3 tags using my default settings. You can look at one of my recent files for an example.
3. Would take the DVD artwork jpg that is in the folder and input it into the ID3 tag as album artwork.
It would work like this. I take the DVD cover jpeg and drop it into my “Make_ Podcast” folder. Then I drop the AIFF file in and start the AppleScript. A box pops up that asks for the film name. Then another box asks for the date to use or it could ask for file name if need be. It then chugs away converting to mp3 and complete the tags accordingly. I am open to possibility another programming language may be required to accomplish this.
If anyone can assist with any of these or has questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can email me via the front page on the right under “Feedback”.
Thanks and Happy Holidays,